Curry click router

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu Jan 30 14:56:41 EST 2003

Hi,

> I am studying a program doctoral, I intent develop a set of instructions
> to add to declarative programa (Curry, that includes the two declarative
> paradigms: functional and logic) In order to specify routers.
>
> Curry is a declarative paradigm with strong mathematical foundations,
> that is good to verification.  Do you know Haskell, prolog, curry?
>
> My interest is write a click router in Curry language, to run
> verification tools.
>
> Are there any people working click in a real declarative language?

I do know Haskell and some other functional languages. I don't believe that
anyone has rewritten Click in a declarative language ground-up. However,
Click itself is somewhat "declarative"; the elements themselves are like
declarative "instructions" in a language, and router configurations are
like "programs" in that language. Our ASPLOS paper expounds on this idea a
bit.

There have been several projects on writing component networking systems in
declarative languages. None of them report performance anywhere near as
good as ours. But they are more verifiable. Check out Ensemble in particular.
http://www.cs.cornell.edu/Info/Projects/Ensemble/index.htm