[click] : problem in test-tap

Douglas S. J. De Couto decouto at lcs.mit.edu
Thu Jan 30 10:22:57 EST 2003

you need to make the device file /dev/tap0

some systems have a script or program called MAKEDEV that can do this
for you.  if you don't have that program, you can manually create the
device file using mknod.

the command would be;
mknod /dev/tap0 c 36 16

if you are using devfs, it is different, but i am not sure exactly how.

in either case you should read the documentation for ethertap in the
linux kernel source,
try /usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ethertap.txt

cheers,

--
Douglas S. J. De Couto     <decouto at lcs.mit.edu>