IPClassifier

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Fri Jan 17 15:21:21 EST 2003

Hey,

> I have a question for you...Can IPClassifier process ethernet packet? For
> example can it be placed after an ARPQueurier and test src IP address in that
> packet?

It can, but you have to make sure that you only examine IP-in-Ethernet
packets (whose IP header annotations are set). The easiest way to do this
is to give ARPQuerier 2 outputs. Then the first output will emit
IP-in-Ethernet packets, and the second will emit ARP queries. Ex:

	       ... -> arpq::ARPQuerier(...);
	       q :: Queue;
	       arpq[0] /* IP packets */  -> IPClassifier(whatever) -> q;
	       arpq[1] /* ARP queries */ -> q;