No subject

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Fri Jan 17 14:56:41 EST 2003

Hi Manohar,

> Has the Click Modular Router been ported to SGI IRIX (any version)?  If
> not, how difficult do you think it would be for someone (who was not
> involved in the development of Click) to do so?
>
> Also, how difficult would it be to port it to Linux running on an
> SGI/MIPS machine?

It depends on what you mean. Click should run on SGI IRIX out of the box
*at user level*. It can read packets using libpcap; and it might be easy to
port the KernelTap element, which reads and writes from /dev/tun or
/dev/tap. But if you want it to run Click *in the kernel* to take advantage
of its performance gains, you're out of luck. I think such a port would be
very hard.

A Linux SGI/MIPS port might not be that bad, though. We would be happy to
help make that port work.

Hope this helps -- let us know!