Genarating TCP & UDP Packets!

Srikanth Rentachintala sxrentachintala at wichita.edu
Sat Feb 22 04:50:37 EST 2003

Hi Everyone,

     I need to generate tcp and udp packets together (a mixture), i was trying

to use FastTCPFlows/FastUDPFlows but since both of them are pull type i am
unable use neither of them as the first element in my program. can anyone
suggest me an element that we can add before FastTCPFlows/FastUDPFlows?
here is the chunk of program i want to start off with

FastUDPFlows(100000, 500000, 60,
              0:0:0:0:0:0, 1.0.0.1, 1234,
              1:1:1:1:1:1, 2.0.0.2, 1234,
              100, 10)
-> print(ok,64)
-> Discard ;

    second problem, can anyone suggest me an element which can generate valid
Tcp or Udp packets randomly ( presently the RandomSource is generating
non-valid packets because of which, when i am using CheckIPHeader, it is
giving me errors as "invalid ip version" , " invalid ip length "). When i
tried to use, InfiniteSource it is giving me all identical packets, but i need
a random combination of Tcp and Udp packets.

   Thanx much in advance.

   Srikanth