[Click] Click SMP

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at UGent.be
Tue Dec 16 09:24:17 EST 2003

Hi,

well, you cannot assign a task to more than 1 CPU, so you will have to
make a choice. You will have 3 PollDevices and 3 ToDevices in your
configuration, so typically a StaticThreadSched will look as

StaticThreadSched(PollDevice1 1, todevice2 1, PollDevice2 0, todevice1
0, PollDevice3 1, todevice3 0);

so the path PollDevice2 -> todevice3 would have a slight advantage.

You could also do:
PollDevice1 1
PollDevice2 1
todevice3 1
PollDevice3 0
todevice1 0
todevice1 0

but the problem is that only 1 cpu (cpu 1) will be used if there's only
traffic from input 1 and 2 to 3 and that would be worse than a slight
disadvantage of cache misses I think for the first config...

but of course, you can simply test the different configurations and see
what happens.

regards,
Brecht