[Click] question about error in uninstalling

Shilpi Agarwal shilpi at cae.wisc.edu
Fri Dec 5 20:48:52 EST 2003

Hi!!

Thanks for your quick response.When an element has a running task, can cleanup
method in that element be called before that task even finishes...i guess this
is the reason my program is hanging because i am trying to delete something in
cleanup which is being accessed by my task. Is it possible ?? And if it is the
case how can i make cleanup method to wait or that task to finish ??

Thanks
Shilpi

Quoting Eddie Kohler <kohler at icir.org>:

> > When we uninstall click does it wait for currently running tasks to finish
> or it
> > interrupts them in between ? I have written an element which schedules a
> task
>
> It waits up to 5 seconds for currently running tasks to finish, then kills
> them anyway (with a warning that things might crash). Look in
> linuxmodule/sched.cc. The 5-second constant is on line 171. Maybe you need
> to increase it.

Shilpi Agarwal
Research Assistant
Department of Computer Science