A question on Click suyitability for a project I have in mind

Jon Strabala Jon.Strabala at quark2.quantumsi.com
Wed Apr 16 15:55:28 EDT 2003

I have a need to somehow implement a VERY LOW latancy
feed of TCP/IP packetcs into a shared memory space (or mmap)
I only need to process about 500KB/sec of data and only need to
keep 120 seconds total I have a 4GB of RAM in my machine, I
assume I will implement a ring buffer or an A-B ping pong.

One available in shared memory I will run several processes
as (readers only) to scan the data and make decisions.

Would click work for me ? it seems like it might for example

    click.o

    Click kernel module for Linux
    DESCRIPTION

    The Click modular router can be compiled as a Linux kernel module,
    called click.o. It can steal packets from network devices before Linux
    gets a chance to handle them, send packets directly to devices, and
send
    packets to Linux for normal processing.

Any comments

Thanks in Advance