SMP spinlocks: IPRewriter vs TCPRewriter

Jose Vasconcellos jvasco at verizon.net
Mon Apr 14 18:34:57 EDT 2003

I'm interested in writing a new IPRewriter-like element because I need to
maintain additional information for each mapping (similar to TCPRewriter).
In comparing the two elements I see that IPRewriter has compile time
conditionals for SMP under different platforms but TCPRewriter does not.
Is this because TCPRewriter has not been used in an SMP environment?

This also brings up the issue of which elements have been tested in an
SMP environment?

Jose