How to increase performance of a Click Modular Router

Henderieckx Filip Filip.Henderieckx at siemens.atea.be
Thu Oct 3 16:41:25 EDT 2002

Hello,

We have built a Click Modular Router and we would like to increase its
performance:
Does anybody have any tips on how to do this from his own experience? Can
you also indicate how much performance increase we can gain this way?

Ideas we had (but we don't know whether it is worthwhile trying):
- Click devirtualizer tool
- Running on Kernel level instead of User level
- More powerful PC ;-)
- Tuning the used elements to our dedicated application and throw away
what's not needed (if this is possible at all...)?

Any others?

thanks in advance for your help

Filip Henderieckx
Siemens Atea