Click2XML & Install Problems

P J pramod_nic at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 15 17:16:37 EST 2002

I am not quite sure whether Click2XML is working properly.  I tried it on
some random router configs and got errors in the output when trying to parse
it.

Also XML2Click[Click2XML(foo.xml)] does not equal Foo.xml ? Is that normal ?

I know there have been some issues with RH8.0. I tried patching the kernel
version 2.4.18 that comes with RH8.0. It does not cleanly patch as it is not
the same as the stock 2.4.18 kernel.  I did patch a stock 2.4.18 (works
without any complaints) and built the linux modules etc.  When I do an
install I keep getting the following:

$ click-install -f test.click
/usr/local/lib/click.o: unresolved symbol proclikefs_register_filesystem
/usr/local/lib/click.o: unresolved symbol proclikefs_put_super
/usr/local/lib/click.o: unresolved symbol proclikefs_unregister_filesystem
/usr/local/lib/click.o: unresolved symbol proclikefs_delete_inode
/usr/local/lib/click.o: unresolved symbol proclikefs_read_inode
/usr/local/lib/click.o: unresolved symbol proclikefs_read_super
click-install: `/sbin/insmod /usr/local/lib/click.o' failed

I can manually insmod proclikefs.o and it installs ok, but when trying to
insmod click.o, that fails.

thx,