clickgettimeofday H E L P ! ! !

simonafichera at tiscali.it simonafichera at tiscali.it
Mon Nov 11 20:09:08 EST 2002

Hi,
I'm sorry for my bad example.
You've reason 43<45. The right example is:
1> 35
2> 43
3> 45
4> 9340
5> 34834
6> 70933

Otherwise I believe that the results are strange because the fourth value
is bigger than the third value. I  expected as fourth value for example
55 msec (microsecond).
Infact, I use the following istructions:

# timesub(&tv,&this_tv,diff_sec,diff_usec);
# result=(diff_sec*1000000)+(diff_usec);

Where:

# struct timeval tv ,this_tv;
# uint32_t diff_sec,diff_usec,result;

where:
- tv       represents the instant when the packet move in the router.
- this_tv  represents the instant when the packet exit from
           the router's queue.

What do you think about this?
I don't use NTP.
I work in linux module.
How many are exacts the results that I obtain? Do  you know?

I hope that I'm  been more specific and that you can help me.
Thanks Simona :-).

Tiscali ADSL. Scopri la fantastica promozione di Natale: tutto Gratis fino
al 9 gennaio!
Abbonati ora: prima ti abboni, più risparmi!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml