click_gettimeofday

simonafichera at tiscali.it simonafichera at tiscali.it
Fri Nov 8 12:19:01 EST 2002

Hi,
thanks for your quick.
I've seen what man gettimeofday but, it isn't much clear
about my problem.
I've a linux kernel 2.2.18 and for my tesis I'm developing a
click element what compute the time spent by the paket
inside the router.
to do this work, i use the element "setTimestamp" after a fromDevice(eth0)
and then, My element use Click_gettimeofday before the pkt exit from the
router.I use the difference between this istants
to compute that I need.
My problem is that the result that I find are strange for example:
35
45
43
9340
34834
70933
(in microseconds)
and I'm not sure that this result are correct. is right?
So that I think a way to increase the linux kernel precision
what do you think that I do?
thanks in advance
salvo

Tiscali ADSL. Scopri la fantastica promozione di Natale: tutto Gratis fino
al 9 gennaio!
Abbonati ora: prima ti abboni, più risparmi!
http://point.tiscali.it/adsl/index.shtml