From Ct

Gaetano Puglisi gaetan.puglisi at tiscali.it
Thu May 30 02:55:11 EDT 2002

Hi Eddie

I have some problems that only you can solve:

1. How I had to do to run the configuration make-ip-conf.pl I found in the directory /conf ?

2. I don't understand the real configuration graph resulting from the code in conf/make-ip-conf.pl. I thought it should be similar to that implemented in conf/fake-iprouter.click with the only difference that it was necessary replace InfiniteSource element with FromDevice or PollDevice elements; EtherEncaps with ARPQueriers elements and the network sinks Discard with ToDevice. I don't understand the meaning of the first line code. In wich way the "for" cycles work ? In wich way StaticIPLookup element works? I don't understand the IP routing table.

3. If I want to define a compound element (using the keyword elemenclass) to modify the dropping policy, for example, I have to define it in the same file conf/make-ip-conf.pl, before I use it ?

4. What is the meaning of the string "18.26.4.255/32" ? It isn't an IP address.

Thank you for your precious help.

Gaetano Puglisi