ToHostSniffers not working ?

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Thu May 9 02:29:58 EDT 2002

Hi Clickers,

I've just tested a configuration where Click polls a device and filters
the packets and then sends a few packet to userlevel via
ToLinuxSniffers, but if I start tcpdump -i eth6 on userlevel neither
Click nor tcpdump seems to receive anything, if I stop tcpdump, then
Click receives the packets according the Counter element (but I don't
know if it feeds them to userlevel or not as tcpdump not works).

The config is :
PollDevice at 1 :: PollDevice(eth6,1);
Classifier at 2 :: Classifier(66/47494f50,
-);
Counter at 4 :: Counter();
ToLinux at 7 :: ToLinux();

PollDevice at 1[0] -> [0]Counter at 4;
Counter at 4[0] -> [0]ToLinux at 7;

(neither does it work with FromDevice and with ToLinuxSniffers instead
of ToLinux)

This is the Click version from cvs of 29th Mar 02.
I had tested this with an earlier version of Click and it did work then
:-(.

Is there anything changed, or has anyone an idea (I did not extensive
testing yet, hoping someone could solve this directly :) ).

hardware: dual PIII, 1.2GHz
Etherpro1000 NIC
2.2.19 kernel (both smp kernel or single processor kernel with both
multithreaded click or single threaded click)

regards,
Brecht