pcap link patch

David Scott Page page at cs.utexas.edu
Fri May 3 10:39:32 EDT 2002

Eddie,

I'm sorry for not being clear about the symptoms.

If ${PCAP_LIBS} contains a space, "test ${PCAP_LIBS-NO} = NO"
chokes. "test -z ${PCAP_LIBS}" seemed to be semantically equivalent,
but allow libpcap.so to be found by the runtime linker by specifying
"PCAP_LIBS='-L/opt/sfw/lib -R/opt/sfw/lib'" to configure.

PCAP is not part of Solaris proper, but is included in an accompanying
collection of open-source software that installs in /opt/sfw, and
hence is not found on the system library search path. Passing
"-R/opt/sfw/lib" via LDFLAGS (or LD_RUN_PATH) causes this path to be
added to all link commands in click, which is not correct.

Linux would use "-r" instead of "-R", unless PCAP is part of the
distribution (or installed in /usr/local).

--
Scott