Segmentation fault using the Packet::make(unsigned len) static function

Shweta Bhandare Shweta.Bhandare at colorado.edu
Sat Mar 16 15:48:40 EST 2002

Hi!
 I'm working on the userlevel version of click.. I have the foll q's:

	Is there a lower limit on the size of a packet i can make using the
Packet::make(unsigned payload) function? I want to send a packet of payload
size 32 bytes.

 The second problem thats happening is that if I increase the payload by

payload = sizeof(my headers)//32
          + 57( an arbitrary number)

the Packet::make works;  however now the problem that occurs is that after
sending this packet out on Todevice(eth0), i get another packet from the
kernel through the KernelTap element and while doing a Packet::make in that
element, it segfaults at that point.

Can anyone tell me what may be going wrong here?

Regards

Shweta Bhandare
University of Colorado at Boulder
Boulder, CO - 80303