Adding classes to elements

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Mon Mar 11 18:58:12 EST 2002

Hi Shweta,

First off, please don't send HTML email to this list. But moving on:

> I added an entry in the LIBOBJS for maptable.o - bt it gives me an error
> when i do a gmake saying there is no rule to create libipq.a using
> maptable.o

So the answer to your question is to add maptable.o to the GENERIC_OBJS
target in {userlevel,linuxmodule,...}/Makefile.in. Not LIBOBJS.

Another answer is to stick maptable.{cc,hh} into elements/test, and use
ELEMENT_PROVIDES() and ELEMENT_REQUIRES() to convince Click to link it in.
I'd prefer this method if I were you. To see how it works, check out

  elements/etherswitch/bridgemessage.{cc,hh}    -- equivalent of maptable
  elements/etherswitch/debugbridge.{cc,hh}	-- equivalent of routetable