Polling & Getting Packets from Linux

Pramod John pramod at oration.com
Tue Mar 5 10:07:48 EST 2002

Sorry I made a Typo...

  Hi,

      I think that some of the issues that I was having before with polling on the 82559's is due to the fact that in poll mode, packets are not returned by default from linux to click. That has become clear from some of the other email on the list.  What would be the best way for pulling all packets that are outbound from the linux stack ?  We could conceivably use FromHost, but the drawback is that the nets have to be added individually.  Is there any way to do a FromHost( ALL but SELF) or would a new element have to be written ?  Or does anyone have comments on a better way of doing this ?

  thanks,

  Pramod

  Pramod John
  Voice: 650.533.5275