Translator working!!! well, almost...

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at linuxmail.org
Fri Mar 1 09:16:51 EST 2002

Hi!

I finally got the translator running, I'm a happy person now :-). I changed the NetBSD (ipv6) box with a FreeBSD box and the win98 one with mandrake 8.1 and it did the trick. IPv6 to IPv4 translation works perflectly (ping6, telnet, ssh, HTTP), but in the other way no.

When I ping 1.0.0.1 (3ffe:1ce1:....:2 ipv4 mapped address) I get three echo replies, three destination unreachable,three echo replies, three destination unreachable, and so on, untill click seg faults (randomly, different times, different elements).

Tomorrow I will change the ipv4 box with another freebsd one, and see if it does the trick too :-).

But anyway, the translator should work with any operating system don't you think? why this is happening?
Tomorrow I will let you know how everything went in my tests.

Bye

Juan Luis.

P.D.: Did I mention I'm a very very happy person now??? =-)