compiler generated dependency information

David Scott Page page at cs.utexas.edu
Tue Jun 25 16:50:33 EDT 2002

Hi,

Would it be possible to replace -MD (a gccism) in the Makefiles with a
configuration variable?  While some compilers can not generate
dependency information as part of the compilation, and hence require a
separate dependency generating target, when using KCC I can specify
'--output_dependencies $*.d' as a CPPFLAGS or CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS
component and get results equivalent to gcc's '-MD'.

If I don't delete the -MD, the compilation continues, but generates a
slew of warnings.

--
Scott Page