OOPS strangeness

Pramod John pramod_nic at hotmail.com
Fri Jun 14 00:20:06 EDT 2002

Hi,
  I have been having this strange problem and was wondering whether anyone
out there had experienced anything similar.  I have the following setup:

Linux Kernel Version : 2.2.19
Click:  1.2.4
Compiler:  gcc 2.91.66
Config: standard router config generated with make-ip-conf.pl
Configure:  disable-userlevel enable-linuxmodule
Interface: Intel eepro100 in Polling Mode

I am finding that when I perform a ping -f <addr> -s <size> where size is
larger than about 1450 bytes from an external host, I get an OOPS on and I
have to perform a hard reset to recover. On smaller packet sizes, I haven't
been able to get it to crash...

Any ideas on what the cause and resolution might be ?

thanks,

Pramod