ARPQuerier

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Tue Jun 11 17:54:26 EDT 2002

Hi Shweta,

> 	Can i use queue->enqueue->arpquerier to ensure that the packets are not
> lost? I mean I just want to know what happens when packet arrives at the
> pull port of the enqueue and it already has a packet ( setting the burst
> size of 1 )

You mean Unqueue, right?

I don't think any of these solutions will really work, because the unqueue
won't know whether or not ARPQuerier has seen a response yet.

Some suggestions:

(1) We could change ARPQuerier in some way -- either to keep more than 1
packet per connection, or to emit "drops" out another output, so that you
could save them in a queue.

(2) You could "prime" ARPQuerier with the right answers via a judiciously
placed ARPResponder.