System calls in click

Shweta Bhandare Shweta.Bhandare at colorado.edu
Tue Jun 4 16:35:20 EDT 2002

Hi Eddie,

	Thanks so much for your help. How much time do you think it takes to
execute a system call through click?

	The command takes a few msec's to execute teh command from teh command
line.

	The system call used is iwconfig eth0 txpower <value> - this sets the power
level of the ethernet card to transmit packets. The same protocol works well
when i comment out this system call - i.e. i receive ping replies in a
matter of a few milliseconds. Whereas the same line when uncommented, the
ping replies are delayed - what could be the reason?

Thanks,
Shweta