Calculating UDP Checksum - HOW?

Henderieckx Filip Filip.Henderieckx at siemens.atea.be
Tue Jul 23 20:09:01 EDT 2002

Hello Eddie,

Thanks a lot for the quick response! This is what I call "excellent
service".

One thing still bothers me :

When I used the SetTCPChecksum element to calculate a UDP Checksum, there
was something changed in the layer below (RTP) and this is logical I realise
now but a tool like Ethereal told me that now my UDP Checksum was correct
(this confused me a bit)!
This seems very strange to me and in fact this can't be a coïncidence.

Do you have any explanation for this fact? Is it logical to you?

Filip