Getting winpcap, Click and Cygwin to work together

Gibson, Ian Ian.Gibson at uk.thalesgroup.com
Tue Jul 9 18:37:17 EDT 2002

Hi there,

It's been a bit of a steep learning curve, but we've got Click-1.2.4 built
and running under Cygwin, and also built wincap using the Cygwin gcc patch
provided by Nate Lawson (now part of the winpcap download).

So, the next step beckons - how best to get the userlevel Click to talk to
winpcap.

The two options that present themselves are:

1) Write specific elements to provide an equivalent of the ToHost and
FromHost functionality.

2) Try and get the libpcap.a file produced under gcc/Cygwin to link in with
the existing Click version.

Option (2) would be more pleasing, but I suspect option (1) would be easier.

Any suggestions welcome!

Cheers,

	Ian.

Thales Defence Information Systems DISCLAIMER: The information in this
message is confidential and may be legally privileged. It is intended solely
for the addressee.  Access to this message by anyone else is unauthorised.
If you are not the intended recipient, any disclosure, copying, or
distribution of the message, or any action or omission taken by you in
reliance on it, is prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please immediately
contact the sender if you have received this message in error. Thank you.