RadixIPLookup + performance

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu Jan 17 10:16:29 EST 2002

> * I didn't understand how to use the RadixIPLookup: you can't give any
> configuration with it when you install a click configuration, but you
> can't create extra output ports afterwards. So, how can you use the
> element as a routing table with multiple inputs ?

I think it's safe to say that RadixIPLookup was untested!... Basically, I'm
not sure it, or its predecessor LookupIPRoute2, was ever tested very well.
Thanks for the bug reports; we'll work on them. As for performance, we know
that RadixIPLookup will do better than StaticIPLookup for very large
routing tables, but for small tables, like the one you have supplied, I
could easily imagine the tradeoff going the other way.