(RESEND w/ correct reply-to) click bug report (help needed)

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Thu Feb 28 12:52:22 EST 2002

I gave Tao a call. FYI for others:

> Also: when this config is installed, click requires 260k of memory,
> which kmalloc() is unable to fulfill.  We hacked our kernel to support
> this.  Any reason to not use vmalloc() instead?

vmalloc() is inappropriate for small objects, since it uses at least one
page per memory request. But the vmalloc/kmalloc thing is an issue we might
address in future releases.

> the following click config file misbehaves on our system.  It contains
> about 200 counters, all named with the suffix  _counter.  Only 56 of
> them seem to be visible in our proc file system, and the behavior of
> the resulting system is pretty screwy.

The way to fix this is to increase the value of the PROC_NDYNAMIC symbol in
LINUXDIR/include/linux/proc_fs.h . It limits the number of /proc files that
are allowed.