dst cache overflows

Anthony Tsang ayftsang at csis.hku.hk
Thu Feb 28 15:05:57 EST 2002

Hi,

I'd like to increase the performance of the Linux router and wanted to
try out the polling function of the click 1.2.3. My linux kernel version
is 2.2.18 and I'm using the acenic driver. I have succeeded to patch the
kernel although a minor problem with the eepro100 driver (I'm not using
eepro100 now but will later) with supplied click kernel patch. There was
no problem encountered when compiling click package and I can load the
click kernel module without any error message. But when I sent some
packets from other machine to the click machine I got the following
errors messages:

dst cache overflow
NET: nnnnn messages suppressed.

The network was completely down. The messages still came out even rmmod
click module. The problem cannot be fixed even restart the network. I
have to restart the machine in order to get rid of the problem.

My configuration file is:

PollDevice(eth2)->ToLinux;
Idle->ToDevice(eth2);
PollDevice(eth3)->ToLinux;
Idle->ToDevice(eth3);

I appreciate if anyone can give me a hand, thanks.

Regards,
Anthony