Rate Measurement!! Contd...

Arvind Venkatesan venkaa at cs.rpi.edu
Mon Feb 25 11:46:10 EST 2002

> There might also be other factors in play -- a broken RatedSource or
> whatever. And are you forcing polling? (PollDevice(eth0) -> Discard)

Not in the cases that I had shown earlier, but in my
implementation, I am using PollDevice(eth0) to receive packets ->
->  Shape at a rate 'R' ->  ToDevice(eth1).
                Do you think that in my implementation I can be assured that
the
rate at which packet is sent out is 'R' bytes/second. What are the ways in
which PollDevice
could be a contributing factor in limiting 'R'?

Thanks!

-arvind

Arvind Venkatesan
Graduate Student