Debugging IPv6/IPv4 translation elements (pt64, pt46 and at)

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Sun Feb 24 19:33:40 EST 2002

Hi Juan Luis,

I am unpleasantly surprised that you were even able to install your
configuration. You gave 4 copies of ToDevice(eth0). That is not allowed.
You're allowed at most one ToDevice element per device. Otherwise, you may
run into trouble. So that's the first thing: use one ToDevice.

Secondly, I would expect to see more than one device name in your config --
say, one for the cable attached to IPv6 KAME, one for the cable attached to
Win 98. The "Destination unreachable" messages are being generated by
Linux, cause you don't have the right elements to do that in your config.
Check to make sure that all the relevant devices have elements
corresponding to them.