Compile options

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Wed Dec 25 23:58:06 EST 2002

Hi Shweta,

> I am working on cross compiling Click for iPAQs. I need to add a flag to GCC
> that includes
> -mstructure-size-boundary=n where n=8. I think I need to modify acclick.m4, is
> this the right place to do these modifications?

No. I would add an argument such as 'CXXFLAGS=-mstructure-size-boundary=n'
to './configure' (and similarly for CFLAGS=...). This will change the
Makefiles. You can also set those variables in your environment when
running .c/onfigure, usign the 'env' program (for csh) or the usual Bourne
shell syntax ('CXXFLAGS=... ./configure ...').