can not get kernel modules work

xiaophong xiaophong2002 at yahoo.com
Tue Dec 17 09:24:05 EST 2002

dear friends,

I got some problem when I install click. I want to get
the userlevel and kernel modules both. Now the
userlevel works,but kernel has the problem.
1. ./configure

checking whether -fpermissive is required... yes
checking whether -fpermissive is allowed... no
configure: warning:

Your header files must be patched before a C++ program
can include them. Apply the patch that came with this
distribution
if you want to compile Click as a Linux module.

checking for a BSD compatible install...
/usr/bin/install -c
checking whether install accepts -C... no
checking for GNU make... make

but I am sure to do the patch of click patch before
compile the kernel.
and after make install in the /clicksrc/linuxmodule
there has no .o .ko .d files created. thus there is no
click.o in the /clickbin/lib/
would you please kindly give me any comments to work
the kernel module out? I have installed click kernel
module by the same steps, just this time it does not
work. the system are the same, too.

Thank you in advance!

Xiao