Question about programming (a little off-topic)

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at linuxmail.org
Sun Dec 15 21:48:05 EST 2002

Hi,

I know this isn't a very click related question, but you might help me.

In an element I'm doing, I have a IPv4-compatible IPv6 address, but in it's hex representation,
for example:
the address ::192.168.1.3 I have it in hex as ::c0a8:0103.

c0 is 192, a8 is 168 and so on...

What I need to do i to extract the IPv4 address from that hex representation. THe addresses are strings. How can I convert the string for example, "c0" to it's decimal representation (192)?

Thanks,

Juan Luis Baptiste M.

http://www.linuxmail.org/