install problem again

Juan Luis Baptiste juancho at linuxmail.org
Wed Dec 11 17:28:54 EST 2002

Hi Xiao,

First of all you don't need to reinstall linux. Please try with the latest stable version of Click, (1.2.4). To find where the error is I would first install click without kernel level support, as follows:

./configure --disable-linuxmodule
make install

Then, if everything goes well, patch the kernel, recompile it and recompile click, but first do a 'make clean' en remove the file config.cache and do:

./configure
make install

After you have installed click successfully, you should do the modifications you want to do to the sources, not before, to avoid problems.

Cheers,

Juan Luis