userlevel

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Mon Aug 5 13:39:19 EDT 2002

Hi Rahul,

> Im trying to run a userlevel configuration and im getting the following
> error message:
>
> expensive Packet::push; have 8 wanted 14

This error message may safely be ignored, unless you are running a
configuration that needs to run very fast.

The message is saying that Click had to make a packet copy because there
wasn't enough extra room to prepend an Ethernet header. It makes the
necessary copy transparently, but prints a message in case you care.

I'd suggest ignoring the message unless you really are under CPU pressure.