Click

Eddie Kohler kohler at icir.org
Wed Apr 24 12:20:13 EDT 2002

Hi Thomas,

> I would like to use click in order to not re-write all the components of
> a router and so include code in my program.

Well, Click is written in C++. I'm not sure you will have an easy time
interfacing Click elements with Ada code. It's outside my realm of
expertise, anyway!

The Click "executable" is more of a "driver". There is a user-level driver,
a driver that lives in the Linux kernel, and a more experimental driver
that lives in a FreeBSD kernel. This driver comes linked with prototypes of
many Click elements (= components). It parses a configuration file, creates
copies of the elements as required by the configuration, and hooks them
together. The elements are written in C++.

Hope this helps.