Segmentation fault using the Packet::make(unsigned len) static function

Shweta Bhandare Shweta.Bhandare at colorado.edu
Wed Apr 3 16:47:22 EST 2002

Hey Eddie,

There's no lower limit on the size of the payload. However, remember that
the data buffer will include extra space both before (headroom) and after
(tailroom) the payload itself. If the total buffer length is below 64 bytes
long, then Click will increase the tailroom until the size of the buffer is
64 bytes. See the programming manual for more info on headroom and tailroom.

Is this for the latest version of click? We are working on the older version
1.1.

Do you recommend migrating to the new version?

> the Packet::make works;  however now the problem that occurs is that after
sending this packet out on Todevice(eth0), i get another packet from the
kernel through the KernelTap element and while doing a Packet::make in that
element, it segfaults at that point.

This sounds like a bug of some kind. Are you still seeing it? If so, can you
send more information?

-- This was some mistake we did. Sorry to trouble u with that.

Shweta