[click] bug in INSTALL file / finding directories

Douglas S. J. De Couto decouto at lcs.mit.edu
Mon Oct 29 20:26:31 EST 2001

as far as i can tell, the variables PCAP_HEADER_PATH and
PCAP_LIBRARY_PATH mentioned in the INSTALL file have no basis in reality.

i.e. they only seem to exist in that INSTALL file.

probably the user needs to specify the CFLAGS or LDFLAGS environment
variables before running configure if they need to look somewhere
strange for libpcap.

e.g.
setenv LDFLAGS=-L/my/lib/dir
setenv CPPFLAGS=-I/my/include/dir

The CPPFLAGS variable must be set for configure to find the headers.  I
guess you could set the CFLAGS or CXXFLAGS to specify different include
dirs for C vs. C++, but I don't know if configure will pick up headers
in directories specified that way.

i have spent all day trying to remember how to cross-compile click for
the ipaq... the lesson is, once you figure it out, write a script to do
it for you!

cheers

Douglas S. J. De Couto    decouto at lcs.mit.edu