click configuration file

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Wed Oct 17 09:19:42 EDT 2001

Hi,

> 1) meaning of the /proc/click/config file. what are the elements do?

Probably the best way to figure this out is to run a "make install" in the
Click directory. This will install manual pages for all of the elements.
Then you can, for example, say "man InfiniteSource" to figure out what
InfiniteSource does.

> 2) is the config correct?

It is almost correct, except for the error Click reports on line 8. More
below...

> 3) do i have to put value instead of 'PACKETS' and 'MEM_LIMIT' string in the
> config file?

PACKETS is OK, as you can see from "man IPRateMonitor". But <MEM_LIMIT>
should be replaced by either "true" or "false". This argument is actually
called ANNOTATE; it determines whether or not IPRateMonitor annotates the
packets with rates.

This explains the error message:
>   argument 5 takes bool (annotate)

> 4) errors file show i have error in alignment of but i have the
> alignmentinfo and align elements in the /click-1.2.2/linuxmodule/ directory.
> could it be the config file problem?

I would ignore this error. In later versions of Click, you wouldn't even
get the error message.

love,
ed