ICMPPingResponder

kp13 at gmx.co.uk kp13 at gmx.co.uk
Thu Oct 4 21:18:00 EDT 2001

Hi,

I am experimenting with Click and find both the design and the
implementation really interesting! :) I am currently configuring a router based on a dual
processor machine with a set of eepro100 interfaces and a 2.4.9 kernel.

Two comments regarding ICMPPingResponder:

1) Packets are generated with the ttl of the packet being responded to. Most
other implementations today seems to use 255.

2) Packets emitted on port 0 on ICMPPingResponder seems to have the Paint
annotation of the packet being responded to. This may be slightly confusing if
you are using color to discover when to emit icmp redirects.

Regards,

Geir.