Click Modification

Ramandeep Singh Bhinder raman at cs.umanitoba.ca
Fri May 11 18:58:39 EDT 2001

hi
I am trying to write my own elements in click. My elements are compiling
fine but when I am trying to use the elements, I get an error saying:
"unknown element class"

I did the following steps:
1. wrote my own class modules and placed them in
CLICKDIR/elements/standard
2. Next, I do a make in CLICKDIR/linuxmodules
3. The compiling is done without errors. object files are created for my
classes.
4. The click.o is also created in CLICKDIR/linuxmodules
5. I copy the file to /lib/2.2.18/misc
6. Did a rmmod click.
7. Did a insmod.
8. Next when I write a file to use the class element, I get an error as
above.

I would be grateful, if you would please let me know if I am
missing something or am I doing anything wrong.

Also I tried to find some documentation regarding this process but failed
to do so.

Thanking you in advance,
Raman

Ramandeep Bhinder
http://www.ee.umanitoba.ca/~raman
Graduate Student(MSc)
Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering.
University of Manitoba.
Lab phone number (204)474-6728