strange behaviour

WernerRätscher werner.raetscher at mchp.siemens.de
Thu Jun 28 17:43:46 EDT 2001

Hello Eddie,

Could you please tell me what is wrong with the following click
configuration? It should receive two UDP flows and  should count the
packet rate separately for each flow. But this configuration doesn't
work. If I bypass the IPClassifier and put both flows in one Counter and
one Discard, it works. The click-install doesn't report any problems. Is
there a supplementary element needed (e.g. CheckIPHeader)? Is there any
problem with the IPClassifier? Or maybe it cannot work together with
Classifier?

elementclass FlowRec {
  $device, $addr, $addr_ethernet |

  class :: Classifier(12/0806 20/0001, -);
  class1 :: IPClassifier(dst udp port 1234, dst udp port 1235, -);
  out :: Queue(200);
  discard :: Discard;

  pd :: PollDevice($device)
 -> class;