newbee click questions

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Fri Jun 22 13:30:32 EDT 2001

Hi Parveen,

Sorry for not getting back to you. Some of us have been on vacation.

> 1. Do we have a document explaining run-time of a click graph. In
> particular, I am interested in knowing how i can make multiple click
> graphs co-exist in a single run-time.

Right now, you cannot make multiple Click graphs coexist in a single
runtime.

However, you can easily make a single configuration file by concatentating
the multiple Click graphs, then run that. As long as the element names do
not conflict, this will work.

You might also want to check out the click-combine tool.

The click at pdos.lcs.mit.edu list is the right place for questions.

> 3. What problems would I face if i tried to run multiple click
> configurations in a single run-time. e.g. I see there are some
> static_initializers in classes String and ErrorHandler.

Why don't you say what your goal is, and we will give you advice on how to
achieve it?

love,
ed