RFC Compliance of Click Router Elements?

Eddie Kohler kohler at aciri.org
Fri Jun 22 10:59:27 EDT 2001

Hi George,

> Has anyone validated the RFC compliance of specific click elements?

It is usually difficult to talk about the RFC compliance of a specific
element. For example, is DecIPTTL "RFC-compliant"? I suppose it is RFC
791-compliant, because it produces a valid IP packet. HOwever, it
complies with RFC 1812 only in the context of a larger configuration.

So no, we haven't documented this compliance. I don't tend to think it
would be useful, but maybe you can change my/our mind.

love,
ed