Problems with ToLinux element

Benjie Chen benjie at amsterdam.lcs.mit.edu
Mon Jun 18 09:31:53 EDT 2001

ToLinux is a push element, you will need to use the Unqueue element
to pull the packet from queue and push it onto ToLinux. e.g.

   FromDevice(eth0) -> Counter -> Queue -> Unqueue -> ToLinux;

alternatively, you can do without the queue

   FromDevice(eth0) -> Counter -> ToLinux;

Discard works because it can be used both as a push and a pull element.
when it is used as a pull element, it pulls packets from unstream queue
whenever it is scheduled.

--
benjie chen
benjie at lcs.mit.edu