Newlines in /proc/.../config

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Tue Jun 12 15:11:41 EDT 2001

Hi,

it's a detail, but does anyone know why in click 1.1 the config files in
/proc contained the newlines as given in the configuration (e.g. for
LookupIPRoute every entry was on a new line) when catting the config
'file' and now in the CVS version (and click 1.2.0) it is changed and
the whole configuration is one line.

I've seen the code has changed a lot, but I do not see directly the
clue.

The reason is that our GUI shows now the configuration in one line which
is quite ugly e.g. for a LookupIPRoute element.

Of course we can parse the configuration and split up at comma's e.g.,
but if there is no particular reason to not insert newlines at the /proc
function and if it's rather easy to do, then it could be interesting for
us to have it there ;-).

thanks for any help,
regards,
Brecht