Questions on ToLinux and ToLinuxSniffers Performance

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Wed Jul 11 00:48:47 EDT 2001

Henry,

I will restrict myself to question 3, the Click people will answer the
other questions (why do you want to count packets in user space in fact
? we also do some user space processing but only on packets filtered out
with click)

> Question 3 (unrelated to the remainder of this email) How do I use the click
> counter element's reset handler which is write only? I do not understand how
> to clear the counter's count value without having to do another cat to
> /proc/config which does a reset every time.

just do an
echo 1 > /proc/click/Counter??/reset

the 1 can be anything in fact

best regards,
Brecht

PS. On what hardware did you do the tests with the gigabit NIC ?