Schedule granularity

Brecht Vermeulen brecht.vermeulen at rug.ac.be
Tue Jul 3 18:15:52 EDT 2001

Dear Click'ers,

Has anyone a fine idea about the time granularity which can be used in a
Click element ?

The issue is that other people in the project ask to simulate a network
between 2 routers (which will be click routers) with a.o. delay.

So, it is possible to develop a delay Click element, but what timing
resolution can be used, or how can we e.g. make the packet delay a
certain time (I don't know very much about the Linux kernel) ?

I know normally the kernel has a scheduling granularity of 10 ms (100
Hz). Is click also dependent of this or how do you schedule the
different elements ?

thanks for any help,
Brecht