Click router with 3 network interfaces

Nanda, Debasis DNanda at necam.com
Thu Jan 11 16:25:06 EST 2001

Hi ,
We have configured the click router for test purpose in our lab .

We are using Linux Kernel v 2.2.17 and the click version is 1.1 and we have
set up a click-router .

The Linux click router under test has three interfaces with the following
address.

	eth0  10.1.2.2 	mask 255.255.255.0
	eth1   10.1.3.2 	mask 255.255.255.0
	eth2   10.1.4.2 	mask 255.255.255.0

The default gateway is at 10.1.4.1 and the default gateway device is eth2.

I have attached the kernel router configuration file ( "my-router.click")
and the aligned kernel configuration file, which is generated using
click-align tool (my-router-align.click)  .

Without the kernel click module (click.o) loaded the router works fine and I
can ping between machines in 10.1.2.0 and 10.1.3.0 network .
After loading only the kernel module ( WITH NO CONFIG ) then router works
fine .

I have incorporated the same static router to the configuration file which I
have attached . But after I "cat" the ALIGNED router kernel config file to
/proc/click/config the following happens ...

I can ping the router from any machine on the 10.1.2.0 network and vice
versa.

I can't ping the router from any machine on 10.1.3.0 network . When I ping a
machine on 10.1.3.0 network ( 10.1.3.47) from the router  , I can see the
ICMP request and response on 10.1.3.47 ( through tcpdump) where as no ICMP
reply appears on the router machine. It appears that packets get lost within
the router . (1) I am unable to understand the cause. Please help.

Packets do not get routed between networks also .

I would request you to kindly help us out.

Anticipating a quick response.
Regards

Debasis Nanda
NEC America

 <<my-router.click>>  <<my-router-align.click>>